1. Physical Therapy Scoliosis-Specific Exercises May Reduce Curve Progression in Mild Adolescent Idiopathic Curves
Zapata, Karina A. DPT, PhD; Sucato, Daniel J. MD, MS; Jo, Chan-Hee PhD
Pediatric Physical Therapy: July 2019 - Volume 31 - Issue 3 - p 280–285
2. Schreiber S, Parent EC, Moez EK, et al. The effect of Schroth exercises added to the standard of care on the quality of life and muscle endurance in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis—an assessor and statistician blinded randomized controlled trial: “SOSORT 2015 Award Winner”. Scoliosis. 2015;10(1). doi:10.1186/s13013-015-0048-5
3. Monticone M, Ambrosini E, Cazzaniga D, Rocca B, Ferrante S. Active self-correction and task-oriented exercises reduce spinal deformity and improve quality of life in subjects with mild adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Results of a randomised controlled trial. European Spine Journal. 2014;23(6):1204-1214. doi:10.1007/s00586-014-3241-y.
4. Berdishevsky H et al. Outcome of intensive outpatient rehabilitation and bracing in an adult patient with Scheuermann’s disease evaluated by radiologic imaging—a case report. http://scoliosisjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13013-016-0094-7
5. Hope for an S-Shaped Back- New York Times article
6. The Role of Vitamin D and the Pathogenesis of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
7. Weinstein SL, Dolan LA, Wright JG, Dobbs MB. Effects of Bracing in Adolescents with Idiopathic Scoliosis.(BRAIST study) New England Journal of Medicine.
8. Kuru, Tugba, et al. "The Efficacy of Three-dimensional Schroth Exercises in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: A Randomised Controlled Clinical Trial." Clinical Rehabilitation 30.2 (2016): 181-90. Web.
9. Otman,S. et al: The efficacy of Schroths 3-dimensional exercise therapy in the treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis in Turkey, Saudi Medical Journal Volume 26 (9)2005.
10. Hawes, M.: The use of exercises in the treatment of scoliosis: an evidence based critical review of the literature. Pediatric Rehabilitation, Volume 6: 171-182, 2003, No.3-4. July-Dec.
11. Zaina F, Negrini S et al. Specific exercises performed in the period of brace weaning can avoid loss of correction in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS) patients.
12. Wood G. 2017. Academy Society Spotlight: Advancements in Adult Scoliosis Bracing Using a Custom-Made Adult WCR Brace for Pain Reduction and Pelvic and Trunk Alignments
Straight Talk with the Curvy Girls -http://straighttalkscoliosis.com Book written by Terry Mulvaney and Robin Stoltz
The International Society on Scoliosis Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT) is dedicated to the advancement of the non-operative management of idiopathic scoliosis and other spinal deformities.
Please call or email us!
Health Rehab Plus, 1844 N University Dr, Coral Springs, Florida 33071, United States
Phone: (954) 255-1515 Fax: (954) 255-1445 Email: drubinPT@gmail.com
Copyright © 2020 Scoliosis Therapeutic Care - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website BuilderFa